Older adults may face various types of medical conditions. A leading multi-specialty healthcare and rehabilitation center in Brooklyn, New York, Metro Healthcare Partners is specialized in diagnosing and treating elderly patients with complex medical conditions and social problems. We provide efficient geriatric care services that help preserve independence and improve the quality of life for elderly patients.
Innovative Geriatric Medical Care Program to Achieve Your Health and Life Goals
Geriatricians at our rehabilitation center provide proper and compassionate care to enhance health, functioning, independence, and wellbeing. They are committed to protecting and preserving the quality of life of seniors.
A customized treatment program is developed to address a patient’s conditions after a complete assessment of medical issues and unique healthcare needs.
Specialized, Expert Care for the Elderly
We provide coordinated care that combines pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches to promote the well-being of older adults. The approach adopted would depend on the patient’s medical history and the nature and severity of the pain.
- Medication: Pain medications provided may include opioids, NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), analgesics, nerve blocks and epidural steroid injections.
- Chiropractic treatment: Spinal cord manipulation for chronic back pain is effective to restore mobility of the joints. Back pain is treated using advanced modalities such as transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), ultrasound and traction.
- Surgery: Surgery is recommended for patients whose pain cannot be relieved with non-surgical methods. The longer a nerve is compressed, the greater the chances for nerve damage and longer recovery time. Procedures such as laminectomy and microdiscectomy which relieve the pressure on compressed nerve roots can significantly reduce pain.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy addresses the impact of pain on function rather than focusing on the pain itself. Our expert physical therapists use a combination of methods such as electrotherapy, heat/cold therapy, massage and manipulation, applied relaxation techniques and exercises to help elderly patients manage back pain.
- Slip/fall prevention programs featuring Biodex: Our elderly fall prevention program featuring Biodex balance technology is aimed at preventing falls in older adults. Our six-week program, managed by geriatric care specialists, pain management physicians and orthopedists, is is tailored to improve balance, strength and overall mobility. Testing and training exercises, such as weight shift and limits of stability, can safely and effectively mitigate fall risk in older adults, and treat post-surgical rehabilitation patients.
Help Your Loved Ones Lead a Pain-free Life
In addition to end-to-end treatment for the elderly, we also provide support services and coaching for younger adults caring for aging parents. To know more about our geriatric pain management services, call (718) 769-2521 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We accept most major medical insurance plans as well as Medicare, Medicaid, No-Fault, and Workers’ Compensation.